Local Attractions Include:
- Churchill Downs: Best known as home to the iconic Kentucky Derby, this racetrack features live races and events throughout the year.
- Louisville Mega Cavern: Visit the world’s only underground zip line course! This massive man-made cavern offers tours, biking, obstacle courses, and a zip line – all 100 feet below ground.
- Louisville Zoo: From antelopes to zebras and everything in between, the 134-acre Louisville Zoo is home to hundreds of plants and animals. The zoo also hosts many events throughout the year, including the “World’s Largest Halloween Party.”
- Louisville Slugger Field: Named after the iconic Louisville Slugger baseball bat, this stadium is home the minor league baseball team the Louisville Bats.
- Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park: A Popular 63-Acre Amusement Park Featuring Shows, Rollercoasters, Water Slides, and a Play Area
- The Big Four Bridge Pedestrian & Bicycle Bridge: Spanning a quarter of mile from Waterfront Park to Jeffersonville, this bridge is a popular bicycling and pedestrian path.
- Gheens Science Hall and Rauch Planetarium: Science and astronomy fans of all ages will love exploring this research and learning venue. Enjoy multimedia shows, lectures, parties, and workshops.
- Kentucky Fair and Expo Center: Located adjacent to the Louisville Airport, this venue is home to dozens of events every year including sports games, big name concerts, and conventions.